Monday, January 18, 2016

Just a few of...My Favorite Places

Here are a few of my favorite places that I have either lived in, visited, or stayed at for a period of time in my life. Enjoy!

1. One of my most favorite places is church camp! I attend a camp that is just south of Norman called Falls Creek and have since I was in middle school. Starting as a camper and now being a counselor, it has been a place that I have stayed for a week every summer, having fun and making all kinds of memories.

Personal photo showing my small group and I praying during our time at Falls Creek; photo from July 2015.  

2. My next favorite place is my hometown, Henryetta, Oklahoma. Although it is very small, with only five stoplights, it has been my home for the past 20 years. Graduating from a small high school and coming to a big college like The University of Oklahoma has been eye opening, yet super rewarding as well. When I get the chances to go home, it's nice to get away from all of the "hustle and bustle" of big towns for a little while.

Photo taken by Wesley Fryer shows the sign that is posted in Henryetta of the two "famous" people that are from there. Source: Flicker

3. Lastly, another one of my most favorite places that I have visited is Rome, Italy. I had the opportunity to go on a 10-day tour through three countries the summer before my senior year of high school. Out of all of the places I visited, Rome, especially the Colosseum, is by far my most favorite piece of "history" that I have ever seen.


Photo of the inside of the Colosseum. Shows the compartments where animals and athletes stayed and walked through under the main floor.  Colosseum. Web Source: Wikimedia Commons

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Amanda, I love the idea of a blog post that juxtaposes Henryetta and the Roman Colosseum together like this, as equals side by side. How wonderful! I'm guessing this might be the first time for that in the history of the world for that combination. And I had to smile when I saw where you got the Henryetta photo: Wesley Fryer is a friend of mine. He is an amazing educator right here in Oklahoma, and a great spokesman for sharing images online so that people can reuse them. I am really glad you made one of his images part of our class this semester. How great! If you are curious about Wes and his work, this is his blog: Speed of Creativity by Wes Fryer

    ReplyDelete